Economists and theorists have stated since 1991 that, “Virtual reality will revolutionize the way we live. It lets you travel to places you’ve never been and see things you’ve never seen and do things you’ve never done, without ever leaving the room.” (Korn Ferry Institute, Sept 2017). With the constant hype around virtual realities often putting off employers to begin testing the implementation process, we must accept that these new design and training programs will eventually take over the learning and development space across nearly all industries. Sales of headsets have hit 1 million sales according to Forbes and is expected to grow to a staggering 81.2 million units by 2021. (Nov. 2017). How do we create the next generation of training for learning?
This deep-dive will accelerate attendees’ L&D Immersive tech aspirations and will explore how to:
· Delve into the differences and various ways people obtain information and learn
· Develop a training curriculum for your organization
· Create consistent and structured training models
· Implement augmented reality technology to enhance your learning and development modules
· Trial different headset examples and discussing benefits vs. limitations
This session will feature a live example of a simulation training environment. Part of our innovation features, we will also explore implications and opportunities for not only training your workforce, but also training your robots. Can robots also function in simulated environments, or is this much too soon?
· Analyze automatic virtual reality environments across technology
· Reduce costs of training and increasing safety measures for employees
· Prepare your workforce both physically and emotionally for simulation training