Senior Instructional Designer
7:15 AM Workshop A: Looking Through the Glass: Exploring Game Changing Immersive Learning Technologies
The future is now. Digital reality, the mélange of augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), mixed reality, (AI) artificial intelligence, (ML) machine learning, (IV) immersive video, and chat bots are making their way in the learning and development space. This will create a natural and intuitive ways for technology to improve employee performance. Industry Leaders in Innovation such as, Facebook, Google, Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, Samsung, Sony, HTC, have made staggering investments in this emerging new tech sector because the potential extends far beyond video games and amusement rides. But, there are many questions that must be answered:
· What are these technologies?
· Do they have a place in L&D?
· What is the true business impact of adoption of immersive technologies?
In this workshop we will:
· Outline AR, VR, MR, AI, ML, IV and chat bot technologies
· Discuss how they all complement and compete with one another
· Explore issues of user comfort and safety, perception, user environment, and
· displayed information techniques
· Identify L&D use cases for these immersive technologies
As immersive technologies are gaining slow adoption in the learning space, many of these technologies require specific skills, larger budgets, and more time to create immersive learning experiences. This is a misconception that many organization have about AR and VR. In this session, we will explore ways in which rapid development tools can be used to create engaging AR and VR learning experiences that can be used to launch pilot programs to test the effectiveness of the solution within an organization.
- Interact with AR and VR rapid development tools
- Discuss how to create a prototype
- Explore strategies for launching a pilot program using AR and/or VR
- Identify metrics that can be used to measure the effectiveness of the prototype