Myra RoldanSenior Instructional Designer
7:15 AM Workshop A: Looking Through the Glass: Exploring Game Changing Immersive Learning Technologies
The future is now. Digital reality, the mélange of augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), mixed reality, (AI) artificial intelligence, (ML) machine learning, (IV) immersive video, and chat bots are making their way in the learning and development space. This will create a natural and intuitive ways for technology to improve employee performance. Industry Leaders in Innovation such as, Facebook, Google, Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, Samsung, Sony, HTC, have made staggering investments in this emerging new tech sector because the potential extends far beyond video games and amusement rides. But, there are many questions that must be answered:
· What are these technologies?
· Do they have a place in L&D?
· What is the true business impact of adoption of immersive technologies?
In this workshop we will:
· Outline AR, VR, MR, AI, ML, IV and chat bot technologies
· Discuss how they all complement and compete with one another
· Explore issues of user comfort and safety, perception, user environment, and
· displayed information techniques
· Identify L&D use cases for these immersive technologies